Have a lasagna dinner ready in less than 30 minutes with this quick and easy Skillet Lasagna!
I’ve been food blogging for almost four years and I’ve yet to post an actual lasagna. I’ve shared a Slow Cooker Spicy Lasagna, but not a lasagna that’s baked in a pan. It’s NOT that I don’t love it, it’s just a bit time consuming, and really I have less time to cook since I write about food. Be one with the irony. The result is it’s just so much easier to make skillet lasagna. Put uncooked lasagna noodles in some sauce,
simmer, add some cheese,
add more cheese,
and that’s it, done!
I used an Italian sausage pasta sauce, but any kind will work. I make mine with whole wheat lasagna noodles. I totally have to tell you one thing. This is better the next day! Some of the sauce absorbs into the noodles and the cheese seems to somehow get more flavorful, if that’s possible. Of course, I don’t wait, but I’m telling you, it is really good the next day, so try your best to have some leftovers. Or eat the whole pan right away, your call. Well, don’t eat the actual pan, it’s too crunchy. LOL!
- 9 ounce package whole wheat lasagna noodles (or your favorite kind)
- 2 jars (23.5 ounce) Italian Sausage and Garlic pasta sauce (or your favorite kind)
- 2 cups shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pour the sauce into a deep skillet. Stir in the oregano, pepper, and nutmeg. Break up the lasagna noodles into bite size pieces and into the skillet. Turn the heat on the stove to medium, and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally and making sure the noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pan, for 9 minutes.
- Stir in the mozzarella and Parmesan until fully melted, then stir in the parsley. Turn off the heat. Spoon dollops of the ricotta cheese over the cooked noodles, cover the pan and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate until the next day.