Warning, this recipe is SPICY HOT! But, it’s delicious, and even better the next day! Spicy Mexican chorizo, pepper jack cheese, and an awesome cream sauce made with Campbell’s New Latin Inspired Creamy Poblano and Queso Soup. This post is in no way sponsored by Campbell’s, I just happen to love their products and saw this new soup on a recent grocery shopping trip and thought it sounded good. Then, I came up with this recipe off the top of my head one night about an hour before dinner time. I had tortillas left over from making Spicy Fish Tacos, chorizo in my freezer since it became my new favorite food, and I always have all kinds of cheese.
Casseroles are exactly the prettiest dishes, but they can be fabulous. This dish is easy to put together, just lay down tortillas, top with chorizo, creamy soup mixture, more tortilas, and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for a few minutes, and dinner is served!
This dish is easy to put together, just lay down tortillas, top with chorizo, creamy soup mixture, more tortilas, and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for a few minutes, and dinner is served!
- 18 taco-size corn or flour tortillas
- 1 pound bulk Mexican chorizo
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack or pepper jack with jalapenos cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 can Campbell's Latin Inspired Creamy Poblano and Queso Soup
- ⅔ can whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a large glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat, add the chorizo, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook until browned. In a medium bowl, whisk together soup and milk, stir in tomatoes and 1 cup of pepper jack cheese.
- Lay down half of the tortillas, overlapping slightly, spread the chorizo over the top in an even layer. Pour half the soup mixture over the chorizo. Top with remaining tortillas, overlapping slightly, then remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle remaining two cups cheese over the top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.