This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Price Chopper. All opinions are mine alone.
Creamy, sweet and sour pepper and olive dip with festive roasted red peppers, green peppers, and black olives.
Sweet and Sour Pepper and Olive Dip
Am I really going to talk about Christmas already? I guess it’s good to plan ahead, it’s just never been something I’m good at. If you’ve seen my last two posts, you know I don’t do a lot of baking. Sometimes at Christmas I do some baking, but more likely, if I’m having a Christmas party I’m making finger foods and dips. This Sweet and Sour Pepper and Olive dip will be a hit with kids that like sour candies, and my husband discovered it makes a great spread when cold that the grown-ups would enjoy! I can’t really decide whether I prefer it hot or cold, so I would just eat both.
Price Chopper gives me a #HolidayAdvantEdge when shopping for my Christmas groceries, and I want to thank #CollectiveBias for giving me the opportunity to share this recipe today.
First, I went to Price Chopper for my ingredients:
Crisco ® Oil Products and Lindsay brand Roasted Red Peppers and Sliced Black Olives.
Got home and gathered my ingredients (and forgot to put the olives in the photo),
put them in my slow cooker, and set it on high for about 45 minutes.
I only had to stir in once in a while, it didn’t take long before it was nice and creamy.
With a bit of a sour taste from the pickled roasted red peppers (rinse them before chopping!), a sweet addition of a little sugar, and the creaminess of the melted cream cheese, this dip is perfect for tortilla chips or crackers, or you can let it cool once the cream cheese has melted, refrigerate it and use it as a spread with toasted baguettes. I didn’t get a chance to try it reheated the next day, but I bet it would be wonderful after the flavors have time to meld.
- 2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 12 ounces Lindsay Roasted Red Peppers, drained, rinsed and chopped
- ¾ cup Lindsay sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon or less black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Crisco ® vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the chopped green peppers and saute until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Put the cream cheese, sauteed peppers, red peppers, olives, sugar, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker, set on high and cover. Stir occasionally, every 10 minutes or so, until the cream cheese is completely melted and the dip is hot. Serve hot. Alternately, allow to cool and refrigerate, covered, overnight and serve as a spread.