I haven’t done a post like this since I started blogging, but my good friend Erin from Read At Home Mama nominated me for a Sunshine Award. Basically it’s a great way to spread the love, and get to know the bloggers you nominate a little better. I’ve known Erin for a long time but have never met her in person! We belonged to a online group forum where a bunch of us were planning our weddings. That was 8 years ago and many of us have been friends ever since. Since then she has also started blogging, often book reviews but she has a few recipes and product reviews too.
Thank and recognize your nominating blogger. Thanks Erin!
Give 11 random facts about your self.
Answer the 11 questions given by your nominating blogger.
Pick 11 blogger nominees ( you cannot nominate your nominating blogger).
Post 11 questions for your nominees.
Random Facts About Myself
1. I was named after a song by The Four Tops. I HATE the song, and my name! I don’t think I’m a Bernadette at all, maybe a Lisa, Kayla, or Elizabeth, but not Bernadette.
2. I’m left handed and so is my mother and my daughter’s godmother who I lived with for many years when she was young. My daughter is right handed, and I’m afraid I’m going to have a hard time helping her learn to write.
3. I always wanted 4 kids, but now I’m getting closer to 40 and only have 1, so right now I’m hoping for just 1 more.
4. I LOVE to sing! In another life I would have been a famous singer, and I’m sometimes sorry I didn’t pursue it. I can sing Stevie Nicks, Natalie Merchant, when I was younger even Mariah Carey’s high notes, but I cannot sing Adele. I wish I could!
5. When I was little I used to pretend my whole life was a TV show, and in reality I was an actress named Lisa Kemp.
6. I love Italian and Mexican food. MUST make and post more Mexican recipes this year!
7. I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. Every job I have ever had kind of just happened and the closest I ever came was a substitute daycare aide.
8. I was a VERY picky eater as a kid, and I really haven’t changed all that much. If I don’t like it, I don’t like it. This is a problem when my husband cooks and he always cooks things I don’t like.
9. I have been watching Days of Our Lives almost continuously since I was 9. It sucks, but I can’t stop watching. It’s like a train wreak.
10. I am bad at keeping up on housework. I can get it clean, I just can’t keep it clean for more than 5 minutes.
11. I’m not at all trendy. I don’t like many of the most popular movies, books, or TV shows. Or I’ve never seen them. I don’t blog the trendy recipes, for the most part, although I really want to post the egg baked in avocado 🙂
Questions from Erin:
1. Which blog post do you consider your favorite to date — the nearest and dearest to your heart? This is tough, because I like most of them, or I wouldn’t have blogged them. I guess I would have to say my Mozzarella Tomato Artichoke Salad, because it’s the recipe that started it all, the Facebook page and then the blog, because a bunch of people wanted my recipe and I had a random thought, “Why not start a food page?” Almost two and a half years later, and here I am, still going strong!
2. What are your ideal conditions for blogging? (Music on, complete silence, etc.) Peace, I need peace. It’s hard for me to write when my daughter and the dog are running around or getting into trouble. I try to do it when she’s at her grandmother’s, with a rerun I’ve seen a millions times on the TV.
3. If you could change anything about your life, what would it be? I want to travel a lot more than I ever have. I want to see Paris, Rome, Hawaii, Egypt, so many places! That all requires money though, so have more money works too.
4. What’s your favorite book and why? My favorite book is the same as Erin’s, Little Women. Why? I just love the story, the time period it takes place in, everything! I’m kind-of like Jo and Meg put together.
5. Describe your perfect date. Date? What’s a date, I don’t remember. Ha. Dinner out at a nice restaurant, just being alone together. It happens like once a year.
6. Are you planning to watch the Olympics next month? If so, which event are you most looking forward to watching? Absolutely, and ice skating! I’ve never skated in my life, but I love watching it! We end up watching most all of the sports, though 🙂
7. If you were sent to a deserted island and could only take 3 things with you, what would they be? I’ve always hated this question, I just don’t know! How about something to start a fire, one of the 20 books I hear that I still have to get around to reading, and coffee!
8. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money? Sell our house and move someplace warmer!
9. Mac or PC? Well, that’s easy since I’ve never been on a Mac and have no idea what the difference is.
10. If you could bring back any piece of pop culture from your childhood (jelly sandals, scrunchies, VHS tapes, etc.), what would you revive? Since she suggested it, VHS tapes! I record Days of Our Lives and Parenthood on a regular basis and am always WAY behind on watching them. With VHS tapes, you can just buy more blank ones to record on, with a DVR you either watch them or lose them!
11. What are you most looking forward to accomplishing in 2014? Not to be a downer, but something, anything! One of the things I have struggled most with since becoming a stay at home mom is feeling like I’ve accomplished something. I know my daughter is happy, and that is the most important thing, but I like feeling that I’ve gotten something done and sometimes it’s hard with a child and a dog getting into everything or fighting every 5 minutes. Yes, the kid and the dog fight, lol!
Bloggers I’m nominating:
Karen from Baking In a Tornado
Jodi from Jodi Ambrose Blog
Lauren from My Years Off
Laurie from Frosting and a Smile
Chris from Food Thoughts of a Chef Wannabe
Becca from It’s Yummi
Sara from My Imperfect Kitchen
Christina from It’s A Keeper
Amy from Crumbs in My Mustachio
Lyskka from Cooking From a SAHM
Frank from Tales From a Middle Class Kitchen
Questions for my nominees: (you can copy and paste these into your posts)
1. What is your all time favorite food?
2. What is the one place you would love to visit?
3. What is your favorite place that you have visited?
4. What is your all time favorite restaurant?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Do you like where you live? Why or why not?
7. Italian or Mexican food?
8. Which do you prefer, dogs or cats?
9. What is your favorite television show of all time?
10. What is your favorite song of all time?
11. What are your hobbies?