Welcome to Cocktail Day, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic, Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and Donna of Cookistry. We are raising our glasses to toast you all with some unique and delicious cocktails and mocktails in anticipation of the Big Game and Valentine’s Day. Be sure to bookmark or pin these creative beverages for your next gathering. We hope you enjoy this marvelous event and the incredible giveaways from our generous sponsors. Cheers!
Until a few week ago I had never heard of bacon infused vodka, but the first time I did I knew I had to make it, have it, put in in a Bloody Mary!! I love Bloody Mary’s but I’m particular with them, they have to be just right. Spicy, but not too spicy, not too much Worcestershire sauce but enough, enough pepper that I can taste it, and celery salt, not celery seed, in it! My friend Annmarie used to make the best Bloody Mary’s back when she tended bar at the place across the street from our old house. Unfortunately I don’t get to see her that often anymore, and I miss her (and her Bloody Mary’s). I occasionally make my own, but this, this is the best Bloody Mary I ever made! I think it even surpasses her’s (SHH!).
I’m going to be honest and tell you I bought a bacon infused vodka, but both my husband and myself thought it could have more bacon flavor, and I wanted to put jalapeno in it anyway, so yes, I bacon and jalapeno infused my already bacon infused vodka. Don’t do that, the bacon infused vodka costs too much, just use plain vodka and infuse from there!
Be sure to read on after the recipe because we are giving away some great things to help you out with your next cocktail party thanks to our awesome sponsors!
Bacon and jalapeno infused vodka make up this Bloody Mary perfect for a get together or a weekend morning!
48 hrPrep Time
48 hrTotal Time
- For the bacon/jalapeno infused vodka:
- 2 cups good quality vodka
- 4 slices crispy cooked hardwood smoked bacon
- 1 jalapeno, steam removed, sliced in half length-wise, then sliced into half rings
- For the Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary:
- 1 ounce bacon/jalapeno infused vodka
- 5 ounces tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- splash lemon juice
- a few dashes celery salt (about 3)
- dash garlic powder (optional)
- dash bacon flavored salt (optional)
- Garnishes: A slice cooked bacon, celery, scallion, slice of lemon (optional)
- For the bacon/jalapeno infused vodka:
- In a clean jar with a lid that seals tight combine vodka, cooked bacon, sliced jalapeno with the seeds ( you can leave some or all of the seeds out if you want a milder vodka). Cover and let sit for 24 hours in a cool, dark place (not in the refrigerator). Don't worry, the alcohol in the vodka keeps the bacon safe!
- After 24 hours, run the vodka mixture through a coffee filter into a clean container. Refrigerate for 24 hours, remove any excess bacon grease from the top of the vodka with a spoon. Now it's ready for your Bloody Mary's! Keep unused infused vodka in the refrigerator and use within 1 week.
- For the Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary's:
- Put all ingredients except the garnishes in a shaker. Fill a 16 ounce glass with ice almost to the top. Shake the mixture, and pour into glass. Garnish with desired garnishes.
Molecule-R can be found on facebook, and YouTube. Molecular gastronomy can be defined as the fusion of food science and culinary arts. Molecular gastronomy by Molecule-R is a cookbook with stunning recipes explained and illustrated with the intelligence and aesthetic beauty that defines the MOLECULE-R brand. Mojito R-Evolution teaches you how to deconstruct your mojito into floating mint caviar and spectacular foams or encapsulate your favorite cocktail into a sphere that will explode in your mouth. Margarita R-Evolution teaches you how to create a margarita slush topped with a fresh lemon mousse, add a splash of colour by creating blue azure suspended pearls or encapsulate your margarita into an edible cocktail! Cosmo R-Evolution teaches you how to add a molecular twist to your traditional cosmo sure to awe your guests! Serve a cosmopolitan bubble on a spoon that will pop in your mouth, top off your cocktail with a light fluffy cranberry foam or suspend citrus caviar in your drink.
Microplane can be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Microplane is a division of family-owned Grace Manufacturing Inc., a long-standing company specializing in the crafting of precision thin metal parts for home and industrial use. The versatile Ultimate Citrus Tool features Microplane’s surgical grade stainless steel Fine blade. In addition, the Ultimate Citrus Tool features two decorative garnishing blades in a large (.300-inch diameter) and small (.180-inch diameter) size. The blades are made in the USA and are dishwasher safe. Microplane’s sleekly designed and multi-functional Bartender’s Garnishing Tool easily opens bottles, effortlessly zests oranges, lemons, limes, and other types of citrus fruits, and is dishwasher safe.
Not So Simple Syrup can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your pension for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas and non-alcoholic beverages too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. The Not So Simple Syrup Survival Gift Basket has two flavours of delicious all natural Not So Simple Syrup, a muddler for the perfect Mojito you might want to create, two glasses and a bar towel.
Other Fabulous Bloggers Mixing It Up with Us for Cocktail Day:
- Pomegranate Party Punch by Cravings of a Lunatic
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
- Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- Caipirinhas by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Martini by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Cupcake Cocktail by JavaCupcake
- Ciderhouse Whiskey by From the Bookshelf
- Citrus Cranberry Punch by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini by Home Cooking Memories
- Egyptian Martini by Cooking In Stilettos
- Espresso Martini by Liv Life
- Frosty Lemon Drop Martini by The Hopeless Housewife
- Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide by 365 Days of Baking & More
- Ginger Raspberry Fizzy by Try Anything Once
- The list of prizes for Cocktail Day:2 Individual Copies of Molecule Gastronomy by Molecule-R Cookbook1 Set of Mojito R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)1 Set of Margarita R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Set of Cosmo R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
1 Copy of The Architecture of the Cocktail sponsored by Race Point Publishing
1 Copy of Apothecary Cocktails sponsored by Fair Winds Press
1 Copy of The Best Craft Cocktails and Bartending with Flair sponsored by Page St. Publishing
A special thank you to The Messy Baker for allowing us to use her gift basket photo. We really appreciate it.
***This giveaway is intended for each prize to have a separate winner! No person can win multiple prizes. TThis giveaway is open to U.S. residents only . Winners will be chosen by random draw. The winners will be notified via e-mail, and have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by our sponsors, no bloggers have received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***