*** Disclaimer: I was provided a gift certificate to purchase Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and additional ingredients for this recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.***
I was thrilled to be approached by Ragú with this idea. They are looking for new spins on their traditional recipes, or a New-Tra Dish. I was asked to put a spin on their Chicken Parmesan, and was able to change the recipe any way I wanted. I immediately thought of Steak Parmesan! I mean chicken Parmesan and veal Parmesan are popular, but Steak Parmesan sounded perfect for my red meat loving husband!
Did you know that each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce has 11 whole tomatoes in it? It’s what makes it a rich, thick, tasty sauce perfect for your simplest spaghetti dinners, and yet easy enough to adapt into your fanciest dishes! I know that many of my reader’s are busy mom’s, dad’s, and grandparents, and that’s where this recipe comes in. It’s simple, healthier than traditional Parmesan recipes because there is NO frying involved, and it’s ready within 30 minutes, including prep time! Check out Ragú on Facebook for more fabulous, easy recipes!
Quick and easy Steak Parmesan perfect for busy weeknights!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 pounds top round sandwich steak
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder,salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Working on piece at a time, dip the steaks in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture, coating well. Allow the steaks to stand for 5 minutes to ensure the coating sticks. Place into the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven,uncovered, for 12 minutes, then turn. Pour the sauce over the top of the steaks, and top with both cheeses. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
We both loved it! To be honest, my 4 year old daughter only picked at it, but she is that way with most foods. I know for a fact that Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce was a favorite of the girls I used to babysit all the time, we used it to make them pizza’s, on spaghetti, everything! If your kids like sauce, they are sure to like it!