I received PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock from Perdue in conjunction with a sponsored social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own. This Chicken Francese is quick and easy to make, with a wonderful sauce made with a rich chicken stock, white wine, and lemon slices. Thin chicken cutlets speed up cooking time, making dinner ready in less than 30 minutes.
I joined this months #WeekdaySupper because it was about two things I love, quick and easy recipes, and chicken stock. I make my own chicken stock a few times a year and freeze it, but it’s not really convenient when I need to use it right then. Perdue® Signature Chicken Stock is delicious, convenient to use, with a side window so you can see exactly how much you have left, and found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, right next to Perdue® Chicken. Since it’s refrigerated it doesn’t need to contain preservatives, which is great! It’s made with antibiotic free chicken and no artifical flavors, another plus in my book!
In my constant struggle to get dinner made when I’m busy, I decided to make Chicken Francese. Chicken Francese is easy to make, and using thin sliced chicken cutlets speeds up the cooking time significantly. The sauce is simple, with only Perdue® Signature Chicken Stock, white wine, and lemon slices.
First, I dredge the chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper,
then a quick dip in an egg wash,
and right into the frying pan with some melted butter to brown lightly.
Then I whisked up the chicken stock with the flour that remained after dredging, and added it to the pan along with a half cup of white wine and thinly sliced lemon.
Let it simmer until the sauce was thickened and the chicken was cooked through (5-10 minutes), and served over wild rice, with some of the sauce spooned over the top of the chicken.
Quick, easy, and delicious, with perfectly tender, not dried-out, chicken, and the sauce is amazing! The printable recipe is available below, along with links to all the other great recipes made for #WeekdaySupper.
You can also find Perdue® on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, including a special Pinterest board filled with all the delicious #WeekdaySupper recipes made with Perdue® Signature Chicken Stock. You can also learn more about Perdue, including The Perdue Way, Where to Buy, Recipes and Tips From the Kitchen, at http://www.perdue.com/
Check out all the other #WeekdaySupper recipes for this week, all great, quick, and easy!
Tuesday – Dijon Chicken by The Messy Baker
Wednesday – Chicken, Squash and Spinach Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette by The Redhead Baker
Thursday – Quick & Creamy Risotto by Eat Picks
Friday – Orzo with Chicken and Spinach by Cooking Chat
This Chicken Francese is quick and easy to make, with a wonderful sauce made with a rich chicken stock, white wine, and lemon slices. Thin chicken cutlets speed up cooking time, making dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1.5 pounds thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
- 1 cup Perdue Signature Chicken Stock
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 of a lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl whisk together the eggs and water. Dredge chicken pieces, working one piece at a time, in the flour, shake off excess, then dip in the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, fry the chicken for two minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside. Whisk together the chicken stock and remaining flour from dredging until well combined. Add the chicken stock, white wine, and sliced lemons to the pan. Return the chicken to the pan, spoon the sauce over the chicken, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice with some sauce and lemon slices.