Easy, prepare ahead, Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole is perfect for a Sunday brunch. The mixture sits in the refrigerator overnight, then just start the slow cooker first thing in the morning, and brunch is ready in four hours with no work!
Welcome to day four of the fourth annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are so excited to have you join us this year as we celebrate Brunch and prepare for Mother’s Day. 37 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, breakfast breads, tarts, and quiche – there is something for everyone! Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win! You can find out more about the Sponsors by visiting my Cheesy Breakfast Nachos post from earlier in the week.
Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole
This Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole feeds a crowd, and all of the preparation can be done the night before, put in the fridge right in the slow cooker insert, and then started first thing in the morning. SO easy! Plus, you can change up the ingredients based on whatever you or your guests like! If you decide to cook it right after preparation, it’s ready in about 2 hours, or right out of the fridge in about 4 hours. What a great thing to have when you are busy getting the rest of your brunch menu ready!
I made this slow cooker ham, cheese, and veggie casserole with #BrunchWeek sponsors Cabot Cheese and sweet Vidalia Onion Committee onions. Read on after the recipe to check out all the other great #BrunchWeek recipes shared today and enter the giveaway!
Easy, prepare ahead, Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Casserole is perfect for a Sunday brunch. The mixture sits in the refrigerator overnight, then just start the slow cooker first thing in the morning, and brunch is ready in four hours with no work!
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15 Total Time
- 16 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced fine
- 8 ounces cubed honey ham steak
- 8 ounces shredded Cabot's extra sharp cheddar
- 1 cup milk
- butter, for greasing slow cooker insert
- Grease a slow cooker insert with butter. Crack the eggs into the insert, whisk until well combined. Stir in the cubed ham, onion, bell pepper, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight, if preparing ahead, otherwise place the insert in the slow cooker and turn to HIGH. Cook until the eggs are set, around 2 hours.
- If prepared ahead, the next morning place the insert in the slow cooker, and set to HIGH. Cook until the eggs are set, beginning to check around 3 1/2 hours. Serve hot.
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
- Blueberry Salad with Green Onion-Poppy Seed Dressing by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Spiced Marinated Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up only. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.