This post is sponsored by The French Farm for #CookoutWeek. All opinions, as always, are my own. Grilled Sweet Caprese Chicken is made with chicken breasts marinated in a sweet cherry tomato sauce, grilled and topped with basil and mozzarella cheese.
Welcome to day 4 of #CookoutWeek hosted by The PinterTest Kitchen. You can read all about the giveaway, the participating bloggers, and find out more about the sponsors on my earlier post this week, and be sure to leave a comment to answer the question I asked after the recipe to earn a bonus entry.
I have to say that when I first tasted this cherry tomato sauce sent to me to try from The French Farm it didn’t taste very much like sweet cherry tomatoes to me. I guess this is one of those things that has to be heated in order to bring out it’s full flavor, because once I tasted this Grilled Sweet Caprese Chicken I could definitely taste it. I’m going to have to order more of it, since we decided not to plant a garden this year due to lack of time to work on it I won’t have fresh cherry tomatoes right on hand. Or cucumbers, or hot peppers…I’m a little sad about it.
Grilled Sweet Caprese Chicken
When cooking chicken breasts I pound them with a meat mallet to make them as much of an even thickness as possible so they cook evenly and are all done at the same time. If you chicken breasts are thicker, they will require a longer cooking time. Simply continue to brush them with the marinade occasionally to keep them from drying out.
Read on after the recipe for Grilled Sweet Caprese Chicken to find the giveaway entry form, answer today’s question, and see all the other great cookout recipes shared today.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Yields 3 chicken breast
Grilled Sweet Caprese Chicken is made with chicken breasts marinated in a sweet cherry tomato sauce, grilled and topped with basil and mozzarella cheese.
2 hr, 5 Prep Time
20 minCook Time
2 hr, 23 Total Time
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, pounded evenly
- 11.4 ounces Ready Cherry Tomato Sauce (or your favorite sweet sauce)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves (or enough to cover the top of each chicken breast)
- mozzarella cheese pearls (12-15) or sliced mozzarella
- In a large bowl whisk together the cherry tomato sauce, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Place the pounded chicken breasts in a freezer bag and pour the mixture over the breasts. Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat the grill to at least 400 degrees F. Drain the marinade from the chicken and reserve for brushing. Place the chicken on the grates, brush the top with the marinade, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn and brush again. Cover and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Turn and brush again. Continue cooking and turning until a meat thermometer place in the thickest part of each breast registers 160 degrees. Place the basil leaves on top of each breast, followed by the mozzarella cheese (press down lightly on them if using the pearls). Lightly brush over the cheese with the marinade. Cover and cook for a few minutes more, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is at least 165 degrees.
Prep time includes marinating time.
For a bonus entry in the #CookoutWeek giveaway: Tell me, what is your favorite way to make chicken on the grill?
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media: