Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
These Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas with green chile sauce, pre-cooked chicken. sour cream, and Mexican and pepper jack cheeses, are easy to make and ready in less than an hour.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 20 ounces green chili enchilada sauce
- 4.5 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend divided
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas warmed according to package directions
In a small skillet saute red and green pepper and onion in butter until softened.
In a large bowl stir together cilantro, green chilies, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of Mexican cheese, pepperjack cheese, chicken and sautéed peppers and onion.
Preheat oven to 325* F.
Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop and spread chicken mixture onto warmed tortillas. Roll tortillas by folding both ends up and then rolling to close. Place seam side down in a greased 9 by 12 baking dish and cover with enchilada sauce.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, uncover and top with remaining cheese, bake for about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 1000mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 497mg | Iron: 1.7mg