Spicy Shrimp and Bacon Casserole
Baked shrimp and bacon casserole in a creamy jalapeno and red chilies sauce. Makes a great special occasion entree or divide into small ramekins for a fabulous starter course!
- 1 pound shrimp , large (16-20 count) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 10 slices hardwood smoked bacon cooked and coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapenos (if you want it spicy leave a few seeds in)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red chilies
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter ,melted
- 1 ½ cups light cream
- ½ cup lobster juice (can substitute clam juice)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook bacon until crisp, drain and coarsely crumble.
Lightly grease a 1 ½ quart casserole dish with butter. Stir together panko breadcrumbs, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon half the breadcrumb mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish in a thin layer, place the shrimp on top, followed by the crumbled bacon. Stir together the light cream, lobster or clam juice, and diced jalapenos and chilies, pour over the shrimp/bacon mixture. Top with remaining breadcrumbs. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 301mg | Sodium: 1040mg | Potassium: 230mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 2.3mg