Summer Gazpacho elevated in flavor with the addition of bacon. Perfect for hot summer days!
- 2 1/4 pounds tomatoes ,chopped
- 12 ounces applewood smoked bacon
- 2 limes ,juiced
- 2 garlic cloves ,minced
- 1 large cucumber ,peeled and diced
- 1 avocado ,cut in half ,divided, and chopped
- 1/2 of a large red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno (seeded or unseeded depending on desired heat)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
Cook bacon until crispy, drain, reserving 1 tablespoon grease, set aside. Chop all vegetables and divide in half. Cut avocado in half and rub one half with a piece of lime, dice the other half. Crumble bacon.
Add half of the chopped vegetables, half the crumbled bacon, half of the chopped avocado, lime juice, and cilantro to a food processor and process until vegetables are fine. Pour processed vegetable mixture into a mixing bowl, then add remaining vegetables, most of the bacon (reserve some for topping), and avocado. Stir in water and bacon grease, refrigerate for at least one hour. Ladle into bowl, top with bacon and diced avocado from remaining half , if desired. Serve well chilled.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1650IU | Vitamin C: 38.9mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.1mg