Chilled Chickpea Soup
Creamy chickpeas, chunky vegetables, tahini, and crumbled cheese combine to make this fabulously filling chilled soup!
- 2 15.5 ounce cans chickpeas ,drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup water ,or more, depending on desired consistency
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic ,minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and fresh ground pepper ,to taste
Combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, chives, parsley, and cilantro in a bowl along with a dash of salt and pepper.
In a blender, combine the drained and rinsed chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, olive oil and another dash of salt and pepper. Add water, starting with one cup, and blend until smooth and thin enough to pour. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Pour into bowls, top with the vegetable mixture, and sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1.5mg