Sweet and Sour Pepper and Olive Dip
Creamy, sweet and sour dip with festive roasted red peppers, green peppers, and black olives.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 12 ounces Lindsay Roasted Red Peppers ,drained, rinsed and chopped
- 3/4 cup Lindsay sliced black olives ,drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon or less black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Crisco ® vegetable oil
Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the chopped green peppers and saute until just softened, about 5 minutes.
Put the cream cheese, sauteed peppers, red peppers, olives, sugar, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker, set on high and cover. Stir occasionally, every 10 minutes or so, until the cream cheese is completely melted and the dip is hot. Serve hot. Alternately, allow to cool and refrigerate, covered, overnight and serve as a spread.
Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 1599mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2170IU | Vitamin C: 100.1mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 1.2mg