Shrimp Scampi with Linguine #WeekdaySupper
Shrimp, a few cloves of garlic, a little onion, good quality butter, and white wine turn simple cocktail shrimp into a savory dinner everyone will enjoy! Serve with whole grain linguine and crusty bread for a complete meal in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 pound 71/90 count shrimp ,tails removed (TIP: tails are easier to remove if shrimp is still partially frozen, finish thawing after removing tails)
- 1 stick good quality butter
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 8 ounces whole grain linguine
- 8 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- juice of one lemon
- fresh ground black pepper ,to taste
Cook the linguine for the lowest time indicated on the package directions, drain, and return to the pot, stirring in a few drops of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Saute the onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Pour in the wine or chicken broth and lemon juice. Stir in the parsley and pepper, bring to a simmer. Stir in shrimp and linguine and cook until the shrimp is hot, about 1 minute.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 891mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 3.5mg