Turkey Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
Flavorful, healthier Pepperoni Pizza Burgers made with lean ground turkey, Italian seasonings, pizza sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, and topped with turkey pepperoni. These keep all the flavor and more of traditional burgers while losing a lot of the fat!
- 1 1/3 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup pizza sauce (I used the lowest sodium store-bought I could find)
- 16 slices turkey pepperoni
- 5 thin slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 kaiser rolls
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder; mix well. Shape into 5 equal patties. Place on a griddle pan over medium-high heat and cook, turning once until cooked through (about 170 degrees).
Reduce heat to low and top with equal amount of pizza sauce, both cheeses, and pepperoni. Cover and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. Serve on Kaiser rolls.
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 983mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Vitamin C: 4.3mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 4.7mg