Cheesy Baked Breakfast Tacos
These easy to make, customizable, and prepare ahead of time, Cheesy Baked Breakfast Tacos are perfect for brunch or breakfast for dinner.
- 12 hard taco shells (preferably the stand up kind)
- 8 large eggs
- 9 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups shredded hash brown potatoes , cooked according to package directions
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend , divided
- 1 tomato , diced
- 1 small red onion , finely diced
- 1 jalapeno , seeded, membrane removed, and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Crack the eggs into the pan, sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir in one cup of the shredded Mexican cheese blend, and scramble the eggs until fully cooked.
Cook, drain and crumble the bacon. Cook the hash browns according to package directions.
At this point the scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns can be refrigerated until the next day and the eggs and potatoes reheated until just warm before filling the tacos.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Fill taco shells with the scrambled eggs mixture evenly. Top with crumbled bacon, shredded hash brown potatoes, diced onions, tomatoes, and jalapenos, followed by the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Place the filled tacos on a baking sheet.
Bake for seven to ten minutes or until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted.
Calories: 642kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 352mg | Sodium: 752mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 15.5mg | Calcium: 390mg | Iron: 3.3mg