The Best Homemade Crab Cakes
These crab cakes are made with fresh crab meat, all natural ingredients, and are more crab than breading. Simply delicious, I think they are the best Homemade Crab Cakes.
- 16 ounces refrigerated crab meat or fresh or canned
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- pinch of fresh dill
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- seafood seasoning such as Old Bay, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil
Pick through crab meat for shells, and crumble coarsely.
Combine all ingredients except the crab meat and stir well. Fold in the crab meat and mix until well combined.
Shape into patties about 3 inches around and 1/2 inch thick. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add crab patties, working in batches if needed. Fry for 3-4 minutes and turn. Cook for 3-4 minutes more, or until crab cakes are golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper toweling before serving.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 1322mg | Potassium: 320mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg