Black Bean Soup
Delicious, easy and quick Black Bean Soup using canned beans and refrigerated salsa!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic ,minced
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 15-ounce cans unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 diced peeled avocado ,optional
- 1 tomato chopped (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro ,optional
- sour cream optional
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic;saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and next 4 ingredients (through beans); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Place half of bean mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Add pureed soup to remaining soup in pan. Stir in salsa, salt,and green chiles; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until throughly heated.
Ladle soup into each of 4 bowls; top with avocado, tomato, cilantro, and sour cream, if desired.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1747mg | Potassium: 1083mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 17.8mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 4.9mg