Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
I love, love, love Crab Rangoon’s! I have never made them at home, though, so I would just wait until the once every few months we order or go out for Chinese. Well, now I don’t have to wait for that fabulous taste, and neither do you! Thanks to browsing on Pinterest a few weeks ago I found a recipe for Crab Rangoon Dip and Sesame Wonton Crisps from Foodie with Family. Okay, the recipe was for either regular deep fried rangoon’s or the dip, but I knew I would love the dip (read: I’m way to lazy to fold up and seam all those wontons…) Besides I would be making it for Appetizer Week and with the idea being the big game and recipes for it, dip just seemed more appropriate. Right? Yes, let’s go with that.
Read on after the recipe for today’s giveaway and the list of all the great recipes the participating bloggers made!
It turned out that my best friend, her husband, and her kids came over on Sunday night and we all hung out and drank while I put this together. Yes, I can drink and cook at the same time, as long as I don’t drink too much! I’m multi-talented like that 🙂 My friend loved it, but her son who loves crab wouldn’t touch it. I doubt he’s ever had a Crab Rangoon though.
The Sesame Wonton Crisps are delicious, crispy, salty, with a hint of nutty flavor. I left mine whole, but you can cut them into strips before frying if you like. The dip is creamy, with a touch of heat from sriracha sauce (leave it out if you can’t do spicy) and fabulous crab flavor!
Creamy, crab dip with a little heat pairs perfectly with crispy fried wontons for a delicious snack!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- For the Hot Crab Rangoon Dip:
- 16 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions (scallions), bottom inch removed, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- For the Sesame Wonton Crisps:
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1-2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup (or less) sesame seeds
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 inches peanut oil, or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sriracha sauce, and soy sauce until smooth. Gently stir in the crabmeat, sliced green onions, and garlic. Spread evenly into an oven safe dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with sesame wonton crisps or tortilla chips.
- For the Sesame Wonton Crisps:
- Heat oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F or until a wonton placed in the oil bubbles and doesn't sink.
- Brush one side of each wonton wrapper lightly with the egg white, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain excess oil, and place on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
Adapted from Foodie With Family
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
Our sponsor today is Savorx. They are providing a Spiceologist Block. Knife block meets spice rack in this beautiful European Beech block filled with 22 glass vials of fresh spices. Beautify your kitchen in one easy step! Not only is it gorgeous it will help you be creative in the kitchen by keeping your most used spices close at hand. You can follow Savorx on Facebook.
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by SavorX.
#AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***