This Slow Cooker Honey Ham is perfect for Easter brunch or dinner! It's quick and easy to put together, ready in a few hours, and leaves your oven free for other dishes.
- Fully cooked spiral ham: Make sure you have a slow cooker large enough to hold the ham. Here I used a 10 pound ham, and it was almost too big for my slow cooker.
- chicken stock: store bought is fine
- liquid honey
- maple syrup: I really suggest using real maple syrup here. It's expensive, but worth it!
How to prepare the ham:
Place the ham, unwrapped, in your slow cooker. If the ham comes with a glaze packet, you can either discard it or refrigerate it for use another time.
Combine the chicken stock and maple syrup in a bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture over the ham, followed by the honey.
Cover with the lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours. I haven't tried cooking it on high, but if you want to, I would suggest checking the ham after 2 ½ hours.
Read on to see the other recipes that were shared during this Easter event, and if you are looking for more great Easter recipes, try these:
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Slow Cooker Honey Ham
- 10 pound fully cooked spiral ham
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Place the unwrapped ham in a large slow cooker. Discard the glaze packet that came with it (if applicable) or refrigerate it for another use.
- In a large cup or medium bowl combine the chicken stock and maple syrup, mix well. Pour the mixture over the ham. Slowly pour the honey over the ham, covering it completely.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, set to LOW and cook for 4-5 hours, or until heated through.
- If desired, strain the liquid from the slow cooker into a heat-proof container, skim the fat from the top, and serve as a dipping sauce for the ham.
Today's Deliciously Perfect Recipes for Easter:
Mini Croque Madames from Forking Up
Slow Cooker Honey Ham from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Peppered Parmesan Asparagus Quinoa Quiche Muffins from It's Yummi
Banana Crumb Waffles from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Wild Violet Butter from Farm Fresh Feasts
Blueberry Grunt from Making Miracles