Here are some things you might want to know about this blog and myself. Some are serious and some are just for fun, in random order as I think of them. I will be adding to this from time to time, so check back.
1) This is not a whole food, low-carb, gluten-free, baking, vegetarian, or vegan blog. You will find a little bit of everything here, all of which are recipes I made for my family or friend’s. You will never find a recipe for anything I wouldn’t eat myself, except in the case of recipes created specifically for the PKU diet. Those can normally be easily adapted to fit your diet.
2) I will occasionally do product, recipe, cookbook, and restaurant reviews. Sometimes I am paid for those reviews and sometimes I am not. If I am given a product to review, there will be a disclosure at the bottom of the post. Again, I will never review a product I wouldn’t at least try myself. If you have something you would like me to review, you can contact me at email@example.com
3) If you have a question about a recipe or anything else posted here, you’re best bet is to ask the question in the comments here. I check my comments ASAP, my email only 1-2 times a day unless I’m waiting for something.
4) I’m not a trendy blogger or cook at all. When I started blogging cake pops were being posted on blogs everywhere. I have never made or even eaten a cake pop, and I don’t really want to, therefore I’m not writing about cake pops.
5) I’m not really a seasonal cook, either. I posted my Chicken Pot Pie recipe in May, I make hot soup in the summer, and salads in the winter.
6) I am unorganized and easily distracted. Basically, I’m a mess.I’m also opinionated and stubborn. Bare with me.
7) If you see an error in a recipe, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I once left the basil out of my tomato basil sauce recipe. See #6.
8) Yes, I’m a food blogger. I’m also a wife and a mother, and someone who just cannot think about food 24/7.
9) I occasionally write about things that have nothing to do with food. Things going on in the world, or just what I’m thinking about. You can find my ramblings on anything titled Rant of the Week.
10) If you would like to share one of my recipes or photography, feel free. Just please link back to my original post. It’s not hard to do. Please don’t copy and paste my recipes to share as your own. It will only lead to trouble. .