I’ve mentioned before that I used to work in the deli department of my local Wal-Mart. One of my favorite salad’s that they carry is Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Salad. It didn’t occur to me to try to make it at home until recently! I’m not sure why, I started making a version of a Mozzarella, Tomato, and Artichoke Salad they used to carry years ago! I guess time passing made me forget about it, I left there 4 years ago when I had my daughter. I finally decided to come up with my own version to serve at her birthday party last Saturday. What I came up with tastes EXACTLY like the store-bought!
Copycat version of Walmart's Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Salad. Tastes just like the original!
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 box tri-colored (veggie) rotini pasta
- 1 medium head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 medium red onion, diced fine
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions, with a few drops of olive oil and dashes of salt in the water to keep the pasta from sticking. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool and set aside in a large bowl.
- Wash the broccoli well and chop into small florets. Chop the onion fine, and mix the broccoli and onions with the pasta. Add the cheddar cheese to the pasta mixture, mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and apple cider vinegar well. Pour the mixture over the top of the pasta, broccoli and onions, and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.