Baked eggs with spinach, bacon, and sliced avocado perfect for Sunday brunch!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 6 pieces bacon
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease two 2 cup ramekins with the butter.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels until cool enough to handle, then crumble into coarse pieces.
- Cut the avocado with a sharp knife all around length-wise, remove the pit and skin from one half, then slice thinly cross-wise.
- Place 1 heaping cupful of spinach in each ramekin, followed by a layer of avocado. Make a well in the center of each dish and crack an egg into the well. Sprinkle half the bacon over each, followed by the pepper jack cheese, then season with pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are set but the yolk is still runny.