Homemade French Fries baked in the oven until crisp and finished with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese. These Easy Garlic Fries will be a hit with all but the biggest garlic haters!
Remember a while back when I posted a review of Cooking Light Dinnertime Survival Guide? Today I’m sharing another recipe from that awesome cookbook, Easy Garlic Fries. You all know I love garlic, right? So of course I would love these fries! They are so much better than packaged frozen french fries. Besides the garlic, they are topped with Parmesan cheese, which my daughter loves. The fries are baked in the oven and then finished on the stove with a mixture of butter and garlic. Yum!
Did you know that you can keep potatoes from turning brown while slicing them by placing the sliced potatoes in a bowl of cold water until you are ready to cook them? You can even slice them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for a few hours that way. Another tip, make sure your parchment paper is NOT touching the walls or shelf of the oven, or it will burn, causing your smoke alarm to go off and ruining your potatoes because you have to take them out of the oven so the fire alarm stops. Not that I would know or anything.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Easy Garlic Fries
French fries baked in the oven until crisp and finished with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese. Yum!
10 minPrep Time
29 minCook Time
39 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes (Russet), peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced ( about 5 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine sliced potatoes and oil in a large zip close plastic bag, seal the bag, and toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the butter and garlic to the pan, cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add potatoes and parsley, toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Original recipe from Cooking Light Dinnertime Survival Guide