I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This post has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and it’s advertiser, Price Chopper.
Summer is and always has been my favorite time of the year. In my world summer really starts on June 1, my birthday (yep, just yesterday!), with the first big cookout of the year. The celebrations continue all summer around here, and this year we are adding one more! My daughters Godmother is having her first baby in just a few weeks, following by my daughters birthday two days after the 4th of July, an annual party the next week, almost all of my friend’s kids birthdays, and ending in August with an annual pig roast we attend every year. Summer for us is basically one big party, and I love it! Not that I don’t still have the normal responsibilities of a wife and mother, and that’s where Price Chopper savings (read coupons!) really help me. Price Chopper is my usual grocery store, and I rely on them to give me all of my summer grilling needs, so I am excited to show how I spend my summers thanks to #CollectiveBias.
My husband usually does the grilling, but this time I decided to do it, and make these Certified Angus Beef Sliders. First I had to get my ingredients, so off to the store I went. I needed certified Angus beef (ground round)
and Neil’s Favorite Steak Sauce
along with blue cheese, and onions. Not too many ingredients in these sliders, sometimes simple is better!
Once I was ready to make them, I rolled the beef into big meatballs,
then made a thumbprint in each and added a little finely diced onions and crumbled blue cheese, folded the ground beef around the filling, pressing down into mini burgers about 3 inches wide, refrigerated the filled uncooked burgers for awhile (this keeps them from falling apart while grilling), and then headed out to the grill.
Once all of the burgers were on the grill, I brushed them on the top with Neil’s Favorite Steak Sauce
then closed the lid and let them cook for 5 minutes or so.
Of course my husband ended up flipping them because I couldn’t lift them with the spatula I was using, they were just moving around. I clearly need more experience on the grill.
then brushed them with the steak sauce again, let them cook for 5 minutes more, flipped and brushed one more time, and continued grilling until they reached my desired temperature (pretty much well done).
I am thrilled to announce that my “kid that doesn’t eat anything” ate these burgers and liked them!
#PriceChopperBBQ has a Great Grilling Giveaway Sweepstakes going on right now. All you have to do is take a picture of what’s on your grill to enter to win gift cards and grilling accessories. Four grand prize winners will each receive one $500 Lowe’s Gift Card, one $500 Price Chopper Gift Card, and Grilling Accessories from Certified Angus Beef. Contest is open until June 14, 2014, so enter soon!
Sliders stuffed with blue cheese and onions, then brushed with Neil's Favorite Steak sauce make a flavorful appetizer for your Summer get-together!
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ground round
- 12 teaspoons finely diced onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 12 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup Neil's Favorite Steak Sauce
- 12 slider rolls
- Weigh the beef using a kitchen scale into 2.5 ounce meatballs. If you don't have a scale make them about 2 inches big. Make a thumbprint in each meatball and add a teaspoon of finely diced onion and a teaspoon of crumbled blue cheese in each hole. Cover the hole with the beef and press into small patties about 3 inches wide. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Place the burgers on the grill, brush with the steak sauce, put the lid of grill down, and grill for 5 minutes. Turn, brush the tops with the steak sauce, cover and grill 5 more minutes. Turn and brush one more time, then continue cooking until your desired temperature.
- Serve on slider rolls.