These sweet Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are the perfect three-ingredient party appetizer. They keep well in a slow cooker set to keep warm, but they won’t last!
Are you guys ready for this?! It’s time for the 5th annual Bacon Month celebration!! I’ve gotten together with some pretty awesome bloggers to tickle your bacon fancy all through August! Say hi to…
Every Wednesday this month, we’ll be sharing bacon-centric recipes to make you drool. And if that’s not enough to make your tummy grumble, you can grab bacon recipes from the previous bacon months too! Ready to see what deliciousness is waiting for you today?
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
For various reasons I haven’t participated in Bacon Month since 2014. One quick look at this site will tell you how much I love bacon, so much so that I’ve made tons of bacon-centered recipes since then and never got around to updating the old photos on any Bacon Month recipes except Bacon Mozzarella and Tomato Zucchini Boats. That was just a few weeks ago.
These Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are similar to a recipe my friend makes every year for a summer party. I made them a few months ago for Amanda’s first holy communion party. They are so easy to make! Just slice chicken breasts into one inch pieces, wrap with a half-slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick, then shake in a bag with brown sugar. I’ve seen some recipes online that also add chili powder, but I never though of it.
You can bake Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites either on a rack or directly on a baking sheet. I feel like baking them directly on the baking sheet leaves them sweeter, but a little greasier. I suggest using maple flavored bacon, believe me, it really does make a difference. This recipe makes about 34 chicken bites, so you might want to double the recipe for a party. Mine were gone in 5 minutes!
Read on after the recipe to see all the delicious bacon focused recipes shared today.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Yields 34 pieces
These sweet Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are the perfect three-ingredient party appetizer. They keep well in a slow cooker set to keep warm, but they won't last!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound maple bacon (or any kind), sliced in half width-wise
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice the chicken into 1 inch thick pieces. Wrap each piece in 1/2 slice of bacon; secure with a toothpick. Working in two batches, place the secured chicken pieces in a freezer bag with 1/2 cup brown sugar. Turn the bag several times, shaking gently in order to keep from poking a hole through the bag. Remove each piece,shake off excess brown sugar, re-securing if needed, and place on a large baking sheet or two smaller ones (or rack on a baking sheet).
- Bake in the preheated oven for ten minutes, turn over each piece, and continue to bake for ten minutes more.
- Keep warm in a slow cooker on the "keep warm" setting.