Welcome to Day #1 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
I really can't believe I've never shared this recipe before on here! I've been making it for years! I know there are 6 million versions of Chicken Wing Dip out there, and they all only have one or two minor variations, but it seems those minor variations are what make or break this recipe. I use real blue cheese crumbles in mine and all of my friends agree it's better than blue cheese dressing. My recipe is so simple that I hate to say it but once you get this saying in your head you won't even need to look this recipe up to make it. Are you ready? "Three, three, three, one." That's it! I'll give you the recipe anyway, but please read after the recipe to see today's awesome giveaway and the list of all the recipes being shared today! 🙂
Chicken Wing Dip
- 24 ounces cream cheese (three packages)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken you can use canned, drained. I'm not telling, I've done it!
- 1 ¾ pound crumbled blue cheese. (about 3 containers)
- 17.5 ounce bottle of your favorite wing sauce
- Put all ingredients in a slow cooker set on high. No need to combine at this point. Cover, stir occasionally, for 1 hour or until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Switch slow cooker to "keep warm" or if that option isn't available turn the slow cooker off. Serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more Football Munching Temptations:
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Grilled Guacamole by Kiss My Smoke
- Crab Layer Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Easy Individual Pizzas by Call Me Pmc
- Chocolate Malta Wings by Food Done Light
- Mom's Famous Chicken Ball by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cheddar Bacon Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Tamari Roasted Chickpeas by Je suis alimentageuse
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Wing Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Microwave BBQ Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Pulled Pork Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Cheese Bean Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Chipotle Cheese Dip by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Vegetables and Romesco Crostini by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buffalo Ranch Cheese Ball by What's Cooking, Love?
- Buffalo Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Mini Maryland Crabcakes by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sesame Pecan Chicken Wings by Makobi Scribe
- Pina Colada Cheese Ball by Home Cooking Memories
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsaby Clarks Condensed
- Sweetly Spicy Southern Meatballs by Cooking In Stilettos
- Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Bites by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Caesar Mini Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Four Cheese Garlic Flat Bread by Try Anything Once Culinary
Our sponsor for Day 1 of Appetizer Week is OXO. We are so happy they joined us today. OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. Their tools are designed with everyone in mind, they are not only efficient but they are also comfortable to use. As food bloggers we spend a ton of time in the kitchen. We need our tools to not only stand the test of time, but to be as user-friendly as possible. OXO tools meet all those requirements. You can follow OXO on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram. This giveaway is now closed.
Today's OXO Prize Pack valued at over $256 includes:
- 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- 4 Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
- Citrus Juicer
- Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer
- 2 Cup Angled Measuring Cup
- 6 Piece Measuring Cup Set in Black
- 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set in Black
- 3 Piece Large Bowl and Colander Set in Red
- Garlic Press
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Utility Cutting Board in Red
- Pop Container Big Square in 4.0 Quart Size
- Pop Scoop
- Oil Stopper/Pourer
- Pastry Scraper/Chopper
- Coarse Hand-Held Grater
- Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
- 12 inch Silicone Tongs
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by OXO. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Dionne Baldwin says
My smaller slow cooker is going to be making this dip for me! Oh my this sounds so good. Leftovers will be spread on buns and served with brats for dinner!
I love the short squat and very easy to use salt and pepper grinders.
Kelsea Eaton says
I like the avocado slicer, its so messy without it!
Carla S says
I like the flat whisk.
I love all of their mixing bowls.
Jennifer Koehler says
I never get to buy fancy new kitchen gadgets.. would love to try them all!
I make this dip alot thanks to you giving me the recipe, friends request that I make it for parties and gatherings constantly. 🙂
See, I knew I was good for something 😉
The 3 in 1 avocado slicer looks great
Corinne W. says
handled greater are amazing