This cashew crusted chicken strips recipe is a quick and easy dinner recipe. It’s served with a zesty, homemade, honey teriyaki dipping sauce.
My great friend Becca is getting married on Halloween! Becca is the foodie behind It’s Yummi, you may have heard of her before because I’ve adapted a few of her recipes and shared them on here, including Pumpkin-Broccoli Beer Cheese Soup with Bacon and Bacon Burger Stuffed Peppers. Yes, Becca loves bacon even more than I do!
Becca is a great friend, and has been very supportive of me in my blogging adventures, and I’m so happy for her and her fiancée Brian 🙂
If I had known earlier that we would be doing this, I would have tried to make her the most amazing bacon dish EVER, but alas there is no bacon in these chicken strips. They are, however, delicious and would be a perfect finger food for a bridal or baby shower.
I hope you like this chicken strips recipe!
Cashew Crusted Chicken Strips
- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2 pounds boneless chicken tenders
- 1 cup salted cashew pieces processed in a food processor until fine crumbs
- 12 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain dry or Panko breadcrumbs I recommend Panko for more crunch!
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley or thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cooking spray
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- dash salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 sriracha sauce optional, and depending on how spicy you would like it
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Add the Greek yogurt to a small shallow bowl. In another bowl combine the processed cashews, breadcrumbs, and all of the herbs and seasonings.
- Working one at a time, dip each chicken tender in the yogurt to coat lightly, then in the breadcrumbs, pressing the mixture into the chicken pieces, shaking to remove excess breading. Place the coated strip on a large plate and allow to stand for about 10 minutes ( doing so helps the coating stick).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is golden. Place onto serving plates and garnish with parsley, if desired.
FOR THE SAUCE
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Are you ready to see what everyone else brought to the shower?
Just click on the links below to see all the other great ideas:
White Lights On Wednesday – Spiked Holiday Punch