These sweet Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Caramel are made with cream cheese, milk chocolate chips, and a salted caramel drizzle. They are a great addition to a holiday dessert table, but are also great all year long!
Welcome to Day #6 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event.Tune in each day starting Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
I didn't come up with the recipe I'm sharing today for these cheesecake chocolate chip cookies, but man, I wish I did. I first saw it on Pinterest the day it was posted on there, and it looked and sounded like heaven in cookie form! What I was seeing came from Baking and Boys, and I knew I just had to make them for the finale of Christmas Week. The only things I changed were the chocolate chips since I prefer milk chocolate over semi-sweet, and I changed the caramel drizzle sauce that the cookies are finished with before sprinkling with sea salt. No matter how you make these cookies, if you leave a plate out for Santa on Christmas Eve, he is going to be one happy man!
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies
with Salted Caramel
Check out the fabulous giveaway for the last day of Christmas Week right after the recipe for these delicious Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Caramel!
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Caramel
- For the cookies:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the salted caramel drizzle:
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- fine sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter with the cream cheese until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add in both the sugars and beat until well combined, then add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture while continuing to beat until well combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon drop mounds of cookie dough onto paper spacing 1 inch apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and trays to cool.
- While the cookies are baking, put the 2 ounces cream cheese and the caramel topping in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals, whisking every 20 seconds until mixture comes to a boil and cream cheese is completely melted and combined. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then pour into a plastic sandwich bag, squeeze out air and seal, then cut a tiny corner with sharp scissors. Drizzle caramel sauce over the tops of the cookies and sprinkle with sea salt. Try not to eat them all in one night 🙂
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway came courtesy of Cake Boss Baking. Cake Boss Baking is the new branded bake ware from Buddy Valastro, the talented chef and baker behind the TLC TV show, "Cake Boss". Cake Boss Baking features a full line of cake pans, decorating tools, dessert plates and more, with product for all levels of expertise.
This giveaway is now closed.
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Cake Boss Baking. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- How To Make Perfect Gingerbread People by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cobbler by Juanita's Cocina
- S'mores Fudge by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cherry Noir Noel by Noshing With The Nolands
- Japanese Blondies by Ninja Baking
- Peanut Brittle by Food Lust People Love
- Elf Nibbles by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Gingerbread Men Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Mint Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Penuche by Cooking In Stilettos
- Triple Orange Biscotti by Liv Life
- Homemade Caramels by Jen's Favorite Cookies
- Kerstol (Dutch Christmas Bread) by The Dutch Baker's Daughter
- Dark Chocolate Orange Ricotta Tart with Honey Almond Crust by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Tropical Toffee Brittle by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies by Pineapple and Coconut
- Lemon-Pistachio and White Chocolate Biscotti by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Amanda Falicki says
I WILL make some Cakelettes!
Marcia S. says
My husband's birthday is in two weeks. I would make him a pineapple upside down cheesecake cake. Your cookies are going to be on my Christmas cookie plates to go to neighbors and friends. Thanks for the great recipe and the giveaway!
You're welcome, I hope they enjoy them 🙂
Kim Beauleu says
These look amazing, I love cookies and I love salted caramel. These would really hit the spot.
Thanks so much for joining us this week. I am so happy you were part of the CW crew. xx
I'll try my hand at making cake decorations!
Valerie W says
The first thing I would bake would be brownies with peanut butter pudding topped with chocolate syrup!!
Becky @ A Calculated Whisk says
Cranberry bread in the loaf pan!
Salted caramel and cheesecake in a chocolate chip cookie?? Yes, please! These look terrific!
Thanks so much!
Samantha @FerraroKitchen says
These sound absolutely delicious!!! Love sweet/salty!
Me too! I think I'm in love with these cookies!
Dawn L says
Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Caramel by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen these look awesome
The Ninja Baker says
Yes, indeed! Santa will be one happy man with these cheesecake salted caramel chocolate wonders!
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry! says
What a neat take on a classic recipe! These look so yummy!
Tammy Walsh says
Lost most of my bakeware in a move. This would sure help me replace it. I love cooking of any kind and will be making these TODAY.
Those sound so amazing, cream cheese, chocolate, caramel. You got my vote!!!
I would bake my husband a big birthday cake. He has his birthday three days after Christmas..
I think I'd make some Lemon Squares.
Jen @JuanitasCocina says
These sound ahhhhh-mazing! YUM!
Happy day #6!
I made chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese last week and was surprised by how awesome they were! Can't wait to add the salted caramel on top!
I don't think I'll ever make chocolate chip cookies without cream cheese again!
a yummy chocolate cake
Theresa Andrews says
Love the salted chocolate chip cookie. If I won the CAKe Boss giveaway I would first make these cookies!