This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone. Sweet Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins, apple muffins topped with a cinnamon sugar glaze, are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a mid-day snack.
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins
Welcome to Day 3 of the fifth annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are so excited to have you join us this year as we celebrate Brunch and prepare for Mother’s Day. Forty Bloggers from around the North America will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, danish, tarts, and pizzas – with 170 recipes, there is something for everyone! Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity.
The basic recipe for the apple muffin part of this Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins recipe is adapted from My Prairie Cookbook by Melissa Gilbert, star of "Little House on the Prairie". I loved the show when I was younger, and my daughter watched all the episodes just two years ago. I used #BrunchWeek sponsor Rainier Fruit's Lady Alice Apples in the muffins and Dixie Crystals Sugar for the cinnamon sugar topping. They are sweet and delicious! The batter is really thick, and I recommend checking them after 25 minutes. They are great warmed up, sliced, and topped with butter.
Read on after the Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins to see all the other delicious #BrunchWeek recipes shared today.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins #BrunchWeek
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet apples
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Blend the shortening, egg, milk, and apples in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full. Bake for 25-30 or until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Put the melted butter in a shallow bowl. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Working one at a time, dip the muffin tops first in the butter, then in the cinnamon sugar. Once the muffins have all been dipped, repeat, butter first, then sugar. You should have enough mixture to dip each muffin twice. Store covered.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Cheddar Chop Bread from A Day in the Life of the Farm.
Apple Cinnamon Buns from Books n' Cooks.
Apple Lekvar Sweet Rolls from Cindy's Recipes and Writings.
Apple Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancakes) from kimchi MOM.
Apricot Danishes from Sarcastic Cooking.
Braided Apple Ginger Danish from The Spiffy Cookie.
Bourbon Banana Waffles from Forking Up.
Easy Popovers with Honey Butter from Hardly A Goddess.
Glazed Cinnamon Buns from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Strawberry Rhubarb Almond Rolls from Wholistic Woman.
Ultimate Cheese Muffins from Jane's Adventures in Dinner.
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Aloo Tiki with Apple-Tamarind Chutney from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Asparagus Salad from Cookaholic Wife.
Asparagus Caprese Salad from The Barbee Housewife.
Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
Garlic Roasted New Potato and Asparagus Salad from An Edible Mosaic.
White Cheddar Pimento Cheese Spread from Love and Confections.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED