Get ready for Spring with this Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad that makes a great light dinner!
We are celebrating the beginning of Spring for this week's #SundaySupper, and sharing some of our favorite recipes of the season. This Spring Fling is being hosted by DB (Foodie Stuntman) of Crazy Foodie Stunts and Valerie of Lifestyle Food Artistry.
I love Summer a lot more than Spring, but I do love the fact that some of my favorite produce is in season. Asparagus, broccoli, spinach, baby lettuce, and more! Two of these are main ingredients in two of my all-time favorite recipes I've written about so far, Asparagus Soup and Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Salad. I usually make the Asparagus Soup for Easter dinner, and the Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Salad for all get-together's all Spring and Summer long.
I signed up for this week's #SundaySupper post a little late, and had to make a recipe with ingredients I already had on hand, Spring salad mix, chicken, grape tomatoes ( I wish they were in season!), red onion, and avocado. I didn't want to put an Italian or cream dressing over it, so I used a drizzle of avocado oil.
Check out all the great recipes being shared today after the recipe for Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad!
Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad for #SundaySupper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces Spring Salad Mix ,washed well and dried
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , or more if desired
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Cut the chicken breast(s) in half length-wise, then into ½ inch strips. Coat the chicken pieces with the honey, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a large baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Once the chicken is cooked, lightly stir the chicken into the salad. Serve on dinner plates, lightly drizzling the salad with avocado oil.
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu's Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie's Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma's Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Tammi @Momma's Meals says
I adore Spring salads- and they are so perfect for picnic food! I love your addition of honey!
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook says
Oh wow - using honey to dredge the chicken, such a great idea! My husband would absolutely love this.
Cindys Recipes and Writings says
It is definitely time for salad season!
susan // the wimpy vegetarian says
Some of my best meals have been with stuff I find foraging through my refrigerator and pantry! And this definitely qualifies as a best meal!
Thank you Susan! I agree!
Julie @ Texan New Yorker says
This looks so light and flavorful!
Thank you so much Julie!
This looks so filling and yet still light. Perfect fit for hubby and I's new diet.
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it!
A beautiful and simple spring salad...you can never have too many of those!
Thank you Shaina, and I'm sure I'll be making many more this Spring!
Diana @DandelionGreensBlog says
Love chicken salads, and this looks delicious! I also enjoyed reading about your broccoli cheddar pasta salad!
Oh, thank you so much Diana!
I love cooking with panko instead of breadcrumbs and using honey to make it stick is brilliant! It makes the chicken a little extra special! Love your recipe!
I really prefer panko anymore, and I also love using honey to coat chicken and pork. Thank you Jennifer!
Valerie Cathell Clark says
This salad just screams spring to me! It's light and fresh! I'm hungry now 🙂
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
I like the idea of using honey to adhere the breading to the chicken. Thanks for sharing.
Terri Steffes says
I love fresh greens in the spring. This is a great way to pair them up with a comfortable classic. My mom is going to love this!
I love crunchy chicken in a salad. This looks perfect.
I love a big salad with just the right amount of a delicious protein, your chicken looks amazing!!
Sue Lau says
Nice salad idea!
DB, Foodie Stuntman | Crazy Foodie Stunts says
I like the minimalist approach to dressing. It certainly looks delicious.
What a lovely spring salad! Cripsy chicken on top sounds fab!
What a gorgeous salad! And adding your yummy crispy chicken makes it a meal!!!
Beautiful salad and I think just a drizzle of the oil is perfect for it too. So many great flavors and no need to cover them up.