Make something sweet today with these Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies!
Hey there – Allison here from The PinterTest Kitchen, stepping in for a delicious guest post while Bernadette is on vacation. It’s strawberry season here on the East Coast, so when was looking for summer recipes for guest posts, I knew I had to offer up a strawberry recipe.
My mom (who also happens to be a co-blogger at The PinterTest Kitchen) had recently tried out a strawberry cookie recipe, and I thought it would be perfect to share with y’all here at Rants from My Crazy Kitchen! (Hat tip goes to OMG Chocolate Desserts, where my mom found the original recipe she tested and modified for our version.)
Seriously, is there anything better than fresh fruit in the summer? I make smoothies like this one all summer long… and all winter long too, if I’m being honest, but they’re always better in the summer when you have your pick of local, fresh fruit. I’m definitely going to have to try out Bernadette’s Strawberry Honey Spinach Smoothie recipe!
Plus, strawberries are PERFECT to celebrate the 4th of July. (Check out even more recipes for the 4th here!)
My family loves soft and chewy cookies, so we knew that this recipe would be a total winner. Cream cheese, fresh strawberries, white chocolate – now those are some yummy cookie ingredients!
If strawberries aren’t in season where you live, try another type of berry. Raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries would all be delicious.
When you start the recipe, make the cookie batter and put it in the refrigerator. That way, the dough can chill a bit while you prepare the strawberries. Gently stir them in and put the batter back into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. This step is key for making sure your cookies come out right.
You can make a little glaze to drizzle over the cookies with confectioners sugar and a little strawberry wine if you want to make your cookies extra pretty… and if your family can wait that long to eat them.
Here’s the printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted softened butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour, a baking powder, and salt and mix until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Mix strawberries and 1-2 tablespoons of flour together gently. Add to the cookie batter stirring gently.
- Put cookie dough in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets.
- Bake about 13 - 15 minutes until the edges get a little golden.
- Let cool a few minutes and then remove from cookie sheets to a baking rack to cool completely.
Thank you, Bernadette, for allowing us to guest post here! Hope to see everyone here around The PinterTest Kitchen! 🙂