This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Modern Mom Insider for Hellmann’s. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! We did our usual, I cooked, and my mother, mother-in-law, uncle-in-law, and sister came for dinner. My husbands Uncle John gets us our turkey every year, and gets a huge one. Like 22 pounds huge! It works out fine, because then we pack up leftovers for everyone, and still have a decent amount left for ourselves. The last thing I want to do the day after Thanksgiving is cook, or, to be more exact, the last thing I want to do is create more dishes to wash. Sage Turkey Salad seemed like the perfect solution last night, all I needed was a cutting board, a knife. a bowl, and a mixing spoon. Then I made pita sandwiches, and yes, that is a paper plate. No extra dishes!
I do like turkey, but often when it comes to leftovers, I prefer dark meat over white. It seems to me that the white meat gets dry to easily. I used Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise in this turkey salad to make the turkey moist and flavorful. Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is made with real, quality ingredients like eggs, oil, and vinegar, making it a great choice for leftovers.
First I mixed up Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, finely chopped sage, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set it in the fridge to let the flavors come together while I chopped up my turkey, celery, and green onion. I put them in a large bowl, then poured the Hellmann’s Mayonnaise mixture in and stirred it up.
Then I used a butter knife to spread the salad into pita bread, along with a few spinach leaves that were leftover from the spinach mushroom salad I made for Thanksgiving.
It took about twenty minutes to put the turkey salad together, including all the chopping, and dinner was served!
For more information on Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise, including recipes to help use up those leftovers, visit www.hellmanns.com.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white meat turkey
- 1 stalk celery ,chopped
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- about 1/4 cup chopped green onion (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage
- pinch each salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise, sage, salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator to let the flavors come together while you chop the turkey, celery, and green onion.
- Chop turkey, celery, and onion into small pieces, about 1/2 inch. Place into a large bowl. Pour the Hellmann's Mayonnaise mixture over the top of the turkey mixture and stir well. Serve cold on your favorite bread, with spinach leaves, lettuce, or tomato slices.