These Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Enchiladas are so easy to make! Just place all the ingredients for the filling in your slow cooker, then when ready, wrap in tortillas, top with a little enchilada sauce and shredded cheese, and microwave until the cheese is melted. Nothing could be easier!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Enchiladas
I asked my Facebook followers yesterday which recipe they wanted me to post next, Roasted Turkey, Skillet Lasagna, or these Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Enchiladas. Not very many people saw my question, though (ugh!) so it came down to one vote for the lasagna and one for the enchiladas. That’s okay, because although I love my roasted turkey, I just got done posting a huge round-up of Every Recipe You Need For A Thanksgiving Feast over on Parade’s Community Table, and wanted to talk about something else for just a bit.
I’ve only made pulled pork a few times, and every time it’s been in my slow cooker. I love how easy it is, just cook it in some liquid until fork tender, then shred. It’s great for barbecue, soups, tacos, and enchiladas! I just make sure to remove the fat when I shred the meat, trust me, nobody likes gobs of gooey fat.
I make these by slow cooking a pork butt in enchilada sauce, along with onions and peppers, then when the meat is done, I place a few tablespoons of the filling in the middle of a softened tortilla, roll it up and top the enchilada with some more sauce and shredded Mexican cheese, and then pop in in the microwave for one minute until the cheese is melted. No microwave? No problem! Just heat up your oven to 375 F and bake until the cheese melts, about 5-10 minutes.
- 4 pounds pork picnic shoulder (pork butt)
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 30 ounces enchilada sauce, divided (3 cans mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 8 enchilada style tortillas (one package, heated according to package directions)
- Place the pork in the slow cooker, add the green pepper and onions, then pour in two cans of enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred with a fork, removing the fat. Place the shredded meat back in the slow cooker, add two cups of the Mexican cheese blend, stir well, cover and cook for 1/2 - 1 hour more.
- Place 2-3 household tablespoons full of the enchilada pork in the middle of each softened tortilla. Fold the bottom of the tortilla over by about 2 inches, then roll up. Place two enchiladas on a plate, seam side down, top with a few spoonfuls of remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave for about 1 minute, until the cheese is melted. Alternately, you can finish in the oven, at 375 degrees F, for 5 - 10 minutes.