I hope everyone in the US had a great Memorial Day weekend! We did! We had our cookout on Sunday, and then on Memorial Day we went to my friend’s house for another cookout and swimming. Well, I didn’t swim, my not even three year old daughter told me I wasn’t allowed, only Daddy and her. Haha! She loved swimming with him. So much better than last year when she was terrified! Then today I made the Top 25 Foodie Mom Bloggers 2012!! I ended up in 12th place thanks to my wonderful friends and fans!
For our cookout we had barbecued chicken legs, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, and two salads. One, Mozzarella Tomato and Artichoke salad I made up several years ago after the place I worked at during that time stopped selling a similar version. My recipe is actually what started it all. I had loved cooking for years and when three of my friends asked me for the recipe within a few days, I decided to start my Facebook page My Crazy Kitchen. The blog came less than 6 months later, and I love doing it! Both of them!
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese pearls ( I have used the slightly bigger cheese balls in the past) drained
- 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained and broken apart ( still large pieces)
- 1 bottle Kens Greek Dressing
- pinch each dried basil, coarse sea salt, and fresh ground pepper
- Rinse tomatoes. Alternately layer tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and artichoke hearts in a large container.
- Pour dressing over the top and add basil, sea salt and pepper. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight
This is a favorite of my mother’s, sister, and several friends, and mine!
The other salad we served was Shrimp with Papaya Salsa, which I will also post separately. Don’t forget to comment on this or any post between May 7th and June 7th and follow My Crazy Kitchen on Facebook to enter to win a large bag of Country Girl Kettle Corn and a box of Gertrude Hawk Chocolates.
AND this recipe is also featured in Darn Good Eats, The Cookbook for Creative Chefs and Reluctant Cooks by the lovely Jodi Ambrose of http://jodiambroseblog.com