Cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, and fresh herbs, these Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes make a great summertime party appetizer.
Welcome back to #BaconMonth hosted by Julie from White Lights on Wednesday. All month of August long a fabulous group of foodies are sharing recipes focusing on bacon, which if you haven’t figured it out by now is one of my favorite foods, and giving away cookbooks focusing that very food!
I could bet that at least a third of the recipes I’ve posted in the last two and half (almost) years have bacon in them. Seriously, I may have a problem.
Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
These stuffed cherry tomatoes were made with tomatoes from my garden. I used regular Philadelphia cream cheese when I made them, but later on I thought using whipped cream cheese would also be good. My husband then mentioned that I could have used store bought chive cream cheese , so if you want to make these stuffed cherry tomatoes but don’t have chives and don’t want to buy them, go right ahead and use that.
You could try other flavored cream cheeses, too, just try to find one that complements the bacon, because the bacon is the most important part!
This giveaway has ended. Read on after the cherry tomato appetizer recipe to see the link to all the other great bacon recipes shared.
Cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, and fresh herbs make a great summertime party appetizer.
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces hardwood smoked bacon ,cooked and crumbled, reserve some for topping
- 6 ounces cream cheese (or 6 ounces whipped cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon chives , chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- garlic salt , to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Using a sharp pointed knife, cut just the tops off the cherry tomatoes, carefully scoop out the seeds, being careful not to go all the way through the tomatoes. Invert the cut and seeded tomatoes onto paper towel and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, chives, basil, fresh ground black pepper, and a sprinkle of garlic salt. Mix well, then stir in bacon.
- Lightly sprinkle the cherry tomatoes with garlic salt, then stuff the tomatoes with the bacon/cream cheese mixture using a small spoon. Garnish with reserved bacon and parsley (if desired) Chill until serving.