Disclamier: Bumble Bee supplied me with product and compensation for this post. The recipe and my opinions are my own.
The last few days before school starts are upon us, and of course I have 6 million and one things to do! I know that won't change once school starts either, things for us and millions of others are only going to get more hectic. I personally know that when things get hectic, getting dinner on the table can be a challenge, and your looking for something quick and easy, yet delicious. It happened here just the other day! Then I thought of an easy tuna recipe, using a can of Chipotle and Olive Oil Albacore Tuna I had been sent. Bumble Bee is helping us find great ideas for Back to School with their #BumbleBee101 campaign, and we could all use them, right? By the way, I never heard of canned tuna with anything else in it, what a great idea! Hint to stores around me, start carrying it!
So the recipe I thought of fit right in with #BaconMonth, is kid friendly, quick, easy, and boy is it delicious! Okay, full honesty here, my daughter won't eat tuna in any way, shape, or form. It started as a joke one morning months ago when she wouldn't answer me as to what she wanted to eat, and really just wasn't paying attention to me at all. So my husband said to her "How about tuna?" and she, still not paying attention, said "With no milk". So, my husband said "Okay, Mom, tuna in a bowl, with no milk!" THEN she paid attention, screaming NO, NO, NO!! She had never had tuna at that point and refuses to even try it now. So, while I'm sure this sandwich IS kid-friendly, just not my kid. In fact that applies to most things, not my kid. I'm used to it by now.
Ultimate Grilled Bacon Tuna Sandwich
- 5 ounce can Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna with Chipotle and Olive Oil
- 4-6 large slices hardwood smoked bacon
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices bread of choice (I use whole grain white because it's kid-friendly)
- kale or spinach ,cut into pieces to fit
- 2 slices tomato
- In a flat grill pan cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, drain and crumble. Reserve bacon grease in the pan.
- Combine crumbled bacon and drained tuna in a small bowl,breaking up the larger pieces of tuna. Place two pieces of cheese on each piece of bread, top each with an equal amount of tuna/bacon mixture, then top with remaining cheese, kale or spinach, and sliced tomato.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Return the pan to medium heat. Grill the sandwiches until just browned on both sides, turning carefully, then place on a baking sheet and bake just until the cheese is melted, 5 minutes or less.
This week all the #BaconMonth bloggers are giving away a copy of Seduced by Bacon. You can enter this weeks giveaway and check out some previous great recipes with bacon on my Bacon Month on RFMCK post and be sure to check out all the other great recipes being shared this week below!