Welcome to Day #2 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Last month I made a Caramelized Onion and Gingerbread Spice Butter that was amazing! The recipe for the Gingerbread Spice* came from Food.com and I made the whole amount, so I still have a lot of it left. I thought the spice mixture would be perfect in sugar cookies, basically a gingerbread cookie only sweeter! What could be better?! Sprinkle with colored sugar for a festive look, pack them up and give them to your neighbor’s, family, friend’s, anyone you like!
After you check out the recipe, be sure to scroll down and enter today’s giveaway and check out all the other recipe’s, there are so many great things being shared this week, it might be the BEST WEEK EVER!!
I adapted these cookies from foodnetwork.com Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies meet gingerbread cookies!
3 hr, 30 Prep Time
10 minCook Time
3 hr, 40 Total Time
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons Gingerbread Spice Mixture*- recipe can be found by clicking on the highlighted name in the description above
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl lightly beat the two eggs with the vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg mixture. In another bowl combine the flour, gingerbread spice mixture, baking powder, and salt, stir well. Add flour mixture, one cup at a time to the butter mixture, continuing to beat until a smooth dough forms. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours. Remove from refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Roll out on a large surface dusted lightly with powdered sugar to about 1/8th inch. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and sprinkle with colored sugar. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 7-10 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the cookies, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cookie comes out clean. Remove cookies to a rack or clean counter top to cool completely.
Can be frozen by placing between layers of plastic wrap in a freezer safe container.
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Le Creuset. Respect for tradition and authenticity has been Le Creuset’s guiding principle since 1925, and their kitchen and cook ware is known internationally.
Le Creuset’s Revolution Utensil Set is available in six different colors, and it represents the next generation of functional innovations in the kitchen. Developed with chefs and culinary enthusiasts in mind, each utensil features a task-defined blade made from premium silicone, as well as a carefully crafted wood handle engineered to improve grip for a variety of kitchen tasks. The set includes one of each of the following: utensil crock, small spatula, medium spatula, spatula spoon, basting brush, jar scraper. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Le Creuset Revolution Utensil Set (winner’s choice of color)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Le Creuset. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Wands by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chewy Brownies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate-Peppermint Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pomegranate Margaritas by Dinners, Dishes, and Deserts
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes by Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Maple Poached Pears and Maple Buttercream by Pineapple and Coconut
- Cranberry Bliss Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Reindeer Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Mo’s Easy Homemade Eggnog by Food Lust People Love
- Spiced Madeleines by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pear and Dried Cranberry Baked Custard by See Aimee Cook
- Bacon Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
- Snowflake Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Hot Chocolate Biscotti by Home Cooking Memories