Spicy Pumpkin Habanero Salsa, with diced fresh pumpkin, tomatoes, tomatillos, onions, habanero and jalapeno peppers, is a seasonal treat perfect for serving with tortilla chips at Fall parties, or on tacos.
Welcome to Day 4 of #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri of Love and Confections. This is my last recipe for this week, I hope you found something you liked! I have to say, after all these years my favorite pumpkin recipe that I’ve created since I started this site is Pumpkin Glazed Bacon from last year’s #PumpkinWeek but this Pumpkin Habanero Salsa comes a close second.
You can easily adjust how spicy this salsa is by taking out the seeds and membranes (white parts of the insides of the peppers) or leaving all or some of them in. I love spicy, so I chose to leave them in. Habaneros are a very spicy pepper so if you really can’t take the heat, simply use 1-2 jalapenos only.
Pumpkin Habanero Salsa
Read on after the Pumpkin Habanero Salsa recipe to see all the other delicious pumpkin recipes shared today.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Serves 1/2 cup
Spicy Pumpkin Habanero Salsa, with diced fresh pumpkin, tomatoes, tomatillos, onions, habanero and jalapeno peppers, is a seasonal treat perfect for parties.
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups diced fresh pumpkin (skinned, seeds and membrane removed)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 tomatillo, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 habanero, stem removed and diced (remove seeds and membrane for milder salsa)*
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed and diced (remove seeds and membrane for milder salsa)*
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Chop all ingredients and add to a large pot. Add the brown sugar, salt, and water. Stir well.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender. Carefully pour the simmered salsa into a blender or food processor. Blend on low setting for a few seconds at a time until desired consistency. Taste and adjust salt and brown sugar if needed. Refrigerate until serving.
Warning: This salsa is HOT! Wear kitchen safe gloves and prepare in a well ventilated area. Warn guests about the heat level.
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime.
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish from It Bakes Me Happy.
Pumpkin Cream Puffs from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pumpkin Struesel Bar from Cookaholic Wife.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter from Mildly Meandering
Spiced Pumpkin Mini Cakes with Mulled Cranberries & Brandy Brown Butter Glaze from Bacon Fatte.