This seasonal Pumpkin Glazed Bacon is fabulous in a variety of dishes, or on it's own, and you only need 4 ingredients! It tastes like candied bacon, with a pumpkin kick!
This recipe was originally published October 3, 2016 as part of Pumpkin Week 2016. Updated September 22, 2020.
So.... I made Pumpkin Glazed Bacon, because I could! Seriously, no other reason other than I thought it sounded good, and it is!
How do I make pumpkin bacon?
All you need is pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie puree), sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and of course the bacon. Mix the pumpkin puree, condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice together, and then brush each piece of bacon with the mixture. Bake for ten minutes at 375 F, turn the bacon, brush again, and continue baking until desired crispness.
How to serve this bacon
I have to be honest, we ate it for breakfast for dinner, twice, but it's great crumbled on top of Pumpkin Soup or as an addition to Pumpkin Manicotti. You could even freeze it and then reheat it in a pan quickly, that way you can have it all year long. You're going to want to, I do!
Read on after the recipe to see even more great pumpkin recipes from bloggers around the world!
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Pumpkin Glazed Bacon #PumpkinWeek
- 8 ounces smoked bacon
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or more if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with aluminium foil.
- In a small bowl combine the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, and ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Taste and add more pumpkin pie spice if desired. Lay the bacon out on the baking pan without overlapping. Use a basting brush to evenly brush the tops of the bacon with the pumpkin puree mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the bacon, and brush the tops with the remainder of the pumpkin puree mixture. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes, or to desired crispness. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Amish Pumpkin Roll from Palatable Pastime.
Double Pumpkin Gnocchi from Caroline's Cooking.
Gigi's Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread from Family Around The Table.
Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal in the slow cooker from Feeding Big.
Lisa's Pumpkin Soup from Cooking With Carlee.
Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes from The Crumby Cupcake.
Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Bread from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Brulee Tart from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Cookies with Butter Rum Icing from Grumpy's Honeybunch.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Love and Confections.
Pumpkin Laksa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pumpkin Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Muffins from Cindy's Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Pretzel Bites from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.
Pumpkin Spice Affogato from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Spice Granola from The Chef Next Door.