I was provided with samples of Kickers Powdered Fruit Blend to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.
Kickers Powdered Fruit Blend is designed to enhance foods by sprinkling on a little extra flavor, but you can also add it into your recipes to give them flavor. It comes in four flavors, all of which are “kid-friendly”, Maple Banana Cream, Apple Cinnamon, Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana, and Strawberry Banana. They are an all-natural blend of fruit, spices, and sweeteners, containing no artificial ingredients. They are also gluten-free. They retail for $9.99 for a 25 serving pouch (1 teaspoon serving) or $1.39 for a double serving stick pack. The blends are great for sprinkling on toast, cottage cheese, yogurt, anything you can think of.
I really didn’t want to bake anything, and besides plain toast I didn’t have anything on hand to sprinkle the powdered fruit blends on to try out, and it was lunch time, so I decided to make French toast. I thought that the Apple Cinnamon flavor would work perfectly, but admit to considering Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana French Toast. Would that be weird? Hmm…Anyway, I was happy with my Apple Cinnamon decision! The French toast tasted like sweet apples and cinnamon, without the work of dicing apples and making stuffed French toast.
Apple Cinnamon French Toast - Kickers Powdered Fruit Blend Review and Giveaway
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Apple Cinnamon Kickers Powdered Fruit Blend
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, powdered fruit blend, and milk until large lumps disappear and it resembles pancake batter in consistency.
- Working one slice at a time, dip the bread into the egg mixture, leave it sit for a minute or so, turn and leave sit again. Remove from mixture onto a plate for a few minutes.
- Melt two tablespoons butter in a griddle pan over medium heat. Place the bread on the griddle, cook for about two minutes, then carefully turn and cook for two minutes more.
- Serve hot.