Sunny side up eggs in a bacon cup filled with diced jalapeno and shredded cheese, topped with more cheese and chopped basil, these Bacon Jalapeno Egg Cups are great for a weekend breakfast, or for a party brunch.
Welcome to week 2 of Bacon Month hosted by Julie of Bread Booze Bacon. Each Wednesday in August we are sharing bacon-focused recipes, and you can find the links to all of the recipes shared this week below.
I love making breakfast for dinner, and I made these Bacon Jalapeno Egg Cups last week for dinner. I removed the seeds from the jalapenos so they weren't spicy. I wouldn't have minded if they were, but I also wanted Amanda to eat it. To be honest, she only ate the egg. I guess she didn't like the bacon attached to the egg because she usually eats bacon.
Bacon Jalapeno Egg Cups
We all like sunny side up eggs, but this could easily be made with scrambled eggs mixed with the diced jalapenos and shredded cheese. I topped them with basil because I had it, cilantro would be good, too. I precooked the bacon just slightly, then wrapped a piece in a spiral around the bottom of the muffin well to hold the egg on top, and another piece wrapped around the well holds the egg inside perfectly. Remove from the muffin pan with a serving spoon.
Read on after the Bacon Jalapeno Egg Cups recipe to see all of the yummy bacon dishes shared today.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Bacon Jalapeno Egg Cups
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- ½ cup finely shredded cheese of your choice (I used cheddar and Monterrey Jack)
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil or cilantro
- Cook the bacon until just barely cooked (not crispy and still bendable). Remove to a paper towel covered plate to drain and cool. Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray 6 wells of a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Form a piece of bacon into as much of a circle as you can into 6 muffin pan wells, then form a ring of bacon around the well with an additional piece of bacon. Fill each well with a pinch of minced jalapeno and shredded cheese. Carefully crack an egg into each well. Top with additional cheese and basil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set but still runny. Carefully remove from the pan with a serving spoon.
Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Chicken
Bacon Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Caprese Salad Skewers with Pesto and Bacon
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Donuts
Leave a Reply