This is a compensated post for Restaurantware. All opinions, as always, are my own.
Spicy Chorizo Meatballs stuffed with cheese and then wrapped in maple bacon. These make a great holiday party food!
Bacon Wrapped Chorizo Meatballs
Do you host holiday parties? Or are you the cook that all your friends turn to for catering there parties? Hosting parties is a lot of work, and you want everything to be perfect, right down to your serving plates. But, you also don't really want to pull out the fine china because that means TONS of dishes to do afterwards, and really who needs that? These eco-friendly bagasse serving plates are stylish, durable, and great for parties because they stand up to both hot and cold dishes, like these Mexican bacon wrapped chorizo meatballs stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese. They are made of premium sugarcane fibers, making them environmentally friendly.
I used regular toothpicks to hold the bacon in place, but then I changed them out for these adorable bamboo picks . They come in a variety of designs, so you can find something to match any type of party you are having.
Both the plates and the picks are not only great for parties, if you own a restaurant, they make a great addition to your supplies for catering. Restaurantware carries many more products, like take-out containers, bowls, cups, plastic glasses and more!
These chorizo meatballs, I went over the top with this one. Spicy Mexican beef chorizo (you can absolutely use pork chorizo instead of beef!), stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese, then wrapped in bacon. I took a few down to the bus stop to wait for my daughter, and they were a hit with all of the parents. To be completely honest some of the cheese was lost during baking, which is why I'm not calling them cheese stuffed meatballs, exactly, because the bacon took longer to crisp up than I was expecting. It will vary depending on the amount of fat in the bacon, your oven, how cold the bacon is when the meatballs go in the oven, basically a lot of things. Do you like my professional cooking advice there?
Bacon Wrapped Chorizo Meatballs
- 2 pounds bulk Mexican beef or pork chorizo
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 16 slices maple bacon, cut in half
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Break up chorizo into a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs and eggs, and mix well with clean hands. Form the meat mixture into 32 meatballs, about 1 inch round. Poke a hole in the middle of each meatball, put a piece of cheese in, and cover with the meat. Wrap each meatball with a half slice of bacon, secure with a tookpick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for twenty minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully tilt the pan to drain the grease. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and drain again. Raise the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees F, place the meatballs back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
Leave a Reply