Cheesy baked garlic chicken strips, juicy yogurt dipped chicken breast rolled in cheddar and Parmesan and coated with garlic panko bread crumbs.
This week's #SundaySupper, hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures, of finger foods is perfect for my house. See, my child is almost seven and doesn't like to eat with a fork. We are working on it, but most things end up as finger foods for her. She loves baked chicken, and cheese, and she's used to me putting garlic in almost everything, so Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips are perfect for her!
Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips
I dip these cheesy baked garlic chicken strips in yogurt like I do with my Spicy Southern Fried Chicken Strips. I love how it makes chicken so flavorful and juicy. I used slices of cheddar that I crumbled up to make the chicken extra cheesy, and garlic panko breadcrumbs give it a little crunch. They are perfect for dinner, or make a big batch for a party, your guests will love them!
I recommend not trying to keep these warm in the oven for too long, I tried that once and the chicken got dried out. The breading was still cheesy and good, though. Be careful turning them, or the breading will fall off!
Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips
- 3 large chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces sliced sharp yellow cheddar cheese, crumbled (or 4 ounces shredded)
- ½ packed cup finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- Set up a work area with 3 shallow bowls. Crumble the cheddar cheese into small pieces in one bowl,and mix with the Parmesan. Put the Greek yogurt in another bowl. Mix the panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and black pepper in the final bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Trim any excess fat and slice each chicken breast lengthwise into three strips. Dip each chicken strip in the yogurt, coat evenly in a thin layer, roll in the cheese mixture shaking off loose pieces, then in the breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 25 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes (be careful not to remove too much of the breading!), then again 5 minutes before the end of cooking. Check that the chicken has reached 180 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.