My 3 year old daughter, Amanda, doesn't like tomato sauce at all. She won't touch any pasta that has it, ever. She liked the Roasted Red Pepper with Asparagus Sauce I made a couple of weeks ago, but she normally won't eat cream sauces either. Or creamy soups. To say my kid is picky would be putting it mildly!
Last week she told me she wanted spaghetti and meatballs, which she would eat without sauce, but I didn't have time to make meatballs or the tomato sauce my husband would want. So, I decided to try a cream sauce again. Sad part, I honestly can't remember if she ate it or not. I'm way too used to her refusing everything!
This is a thin sauce, I know some people like it that way, but if you would rather a thicker sauce combine 3 tablespoons cornstarch or flour with enough COLD cream or milk to make a thin paste, and then mix it in to the hot prepared sauce, cooking and stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 ⅓ cup milk (eliminate the milk and use all cream if preferred)
- 1 cup thinly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- In a medium-sized pot saute garlic in butter over medium heat until just softened, around 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cream, milk, salt, pepper and onion powder and heat through, but don’t allow to come to a boil. Slowly stir in Parmesan and Romano cheese, then continue to stir until cheese is melted. Serve over thin spaghetti.