This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Price Chopper #BakingAdvantEdge. All opinions are mine alone.
The only thing I like about Fall is the recipes. Pumpkin, apples, soups galore! Heating up the oven to do some baking, even though I’m always looking for new Baking Ideas since it really isn’t my strength. I find a lot of my ideas on Pinterest, and have fallen in love with the Price Chopper’s Fall Baking Giveaway and Fall In Love With Fall boards. When I do bake, I like it to be as simple as possible, and take short-cuts like using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls as pie dough. I like the sweet flavor the crescent rolls give, and even more I like that I don’t have to make dough!
Price Chopper helps me with all of my baking needs, and this fall they are looking for great Fall recipes and giving away 10 KitchenAid Mixers along with $100 Price Chopper Gift Card to the creators of ten recipes chosen at random. You can enter your recipe by following the instructions located here. The contest is open now until November 1. You can also check out the Price Chopper Baking AdvantEdge page for more info. Thanks to #CollectiveBias for letting me share my Fall inspired recipe today!
For these Mini Apple Pies, I used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls as the base, canned apple pie filling, and topped them with a mixture of brown and white sugar crumbled together with just a little bit of Crisco butter flavor baking sticks.
First, I rolled out the dough, and then used a rolling pin to close up the seams,
cut the dough into circles with a 3-inch cookie cutter, and placed them into my muffin pan lined with silicone liners (regular liners are fine, too!).
Then, I chopped up about a cup of apple pie filling, and topped each dough round with 1 tablespoon of filling.
Topped with the sugar mixture, and baked them in a 375 degree oven for about 18 minutes.
Let them cool on wire racks, and immediately devoured them! Or, I should say, my best friends husband immediately devoured them. He said “These are really good!” with a full mouthful of one, and their son liked them, too!
Mini Apple Pies
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup apple pie filling ,diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour ,plus extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons Crisco Butter Flavor Baking Sticks ,plus extra for greasing pans
- dash ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully roll out crescent rolls onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to seal the pre-cut seams. Cut the dough into circles with a 3-inch cookie cutter. Place liners into a 12 cup cupcake pan, grease the liners lightly with a bit of Crisco, then sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Place a cut out circle in each of the liners, pressing down on the dough to form a small "cup". Top the dough with one tablespoon diced apple pie filling in each of the cups.
- In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, white sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in the Crisco, then use your fingers to mix together until mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle sugar mixture over the top of each apple filled dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until dough is golden . Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before serving.