A favorite childhood soup, Noodles and Ground Beef Soup (Campbell's Copycat Recipe) is filled with three noodle shapes, ground beef, finely diced carrots, and green peppers in a flavorful beef broth.
Growing up Campbell's Noodles and Ground Beef Soup was my absolute favorite. I didn't know it by that name, though, my grandmother always called it "Three Kinds of Noodle Soup" because it had three different shapes of noodles. I don't remember what kind of noodles it had exactly, just that they were thin, medium, and thicker noodles, so that's what I used. You can use any kind of noodles you want in this recipe, though I do recommend home style noodles.
Campbell's Noodles and Ground Beef Soup was discontinued sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's from what I can remember. I found one article that says it was 2005, but I don't remember having eaten it for years before that. It's a pretty simple soup to make, and great for both kids and grown-ups!
My version makes a lot of soup, but it freezes well so you can easily have it for dinner twice in one month. You can also use the new recipe card feature below to adjust the serving size and amount of ingredients easily. Normally I would cook the noodles for soup separately to prevent them from becoming mushy, but in this soup I wanted the noodles soft, just like my childhood favorite.
Noodles and Ground Beef Soup
Soups are one of my favorite things to make, and I've shared almost 40 soup recipes, with more coming!
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Noodles and Ground Beef Soup (Campbell's Copycat)
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (80% lean)
- 2 cups finely diced carrots
- 1 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes , undrained
- 12 cups beef broth (reduced fat and sodium)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups assorted dried noodles , uncooked (pictured are store-bought home-style Cicatelli, Fileja, and Busiati
- In a large, heavy pot with a lid, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain and return to the stove.
- Stir the carrots, green pepper, and diced tomatoes with the juice into the cooked ground beef. Pour in the broth, then stir in the tomato paste. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the noodles. Adjust heat to remain at a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat if needed.