Quick and easy Spinach Artichoke Pizza, made with store-bought pizza dough, canned artichoke hearts, fresh spinach, and Alfredo sauce makes a great meatless meal.
“Amanda ate pizza and liked it!! I repeat, Amanda ate pizza and liked it!!” That was my Facebook status on the night of February 23rd. I’ve written many times about how much of a picky eater she is, and although I can sometimes get her to eat pizza, she doesn’t like it usually. She has never liked tomato sauce, not on pizza or on pasta, so I wanted to make a white pizza and see what she thought.
I honestly never thought she would like pizza as much as she did this Spinach Artichoke Pizza, she asked me to make it again already. I loved it, too! I also loved how easy it was to make. The only piece of advice I have to give is to make sure that your pizza dough is really warm before you try to spread it out on your pizza pan. I buy a frozen one that the package directions say to defrost completely then let it rise in a covered bowl in a warm place for 45 minutes, but I find that isn’t nearly enough time for it to warm up. I would give it at least an hour and a half to two hours. Otherwise the dough is almost impossible to spread out and it makes you want to forget all about making Spinach Artichoke Pizza, through the dough out, and go out for dinner. Not that I would know.
Other than the issue with the dough, the only real work involved is chopping the artichoke hearts, and that only takes minute. Assembling the pizza takes another few minutes, and then into the oven it goes for about twelve minutes. Check it after 10 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- 16 ounce frozen pizza dough, thawed and warmed
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed, dried well, and torn
- 1 cup shredded 6 cheese Italian Cheese blend
- 10 ounces brined artichokes, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup store-bought garlic Alfredo Sauce (I used Bertolli)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Grease a round pizza pie pan with olive oil.
- Spread the warmed pizza dough onto the greased pizza pan. Top with the Alfredo sauce, spreading it to the edges with the back of a spoon, then the chopped artichokes, spinach, and finally the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pizza is heated through.