Creamy, chocolaty whipped Nutella dip with fresh strawberries! This dip is fabulous with cinnamon sugar pita chips, fresh apple slices, and more!
Whipped Nutella Dip with Strawberries
It’s the day after Labor Day here in the U.S., so why am I sharing a summertime recipe? Simple, it’s that good! I thought of making a whipped Nutella dip in the beginning of the summer, and finally made it for my friend’s party in June. I didn’t blog much this summer, and didn’t get a chance to share this with you. I am SO sorry!! I did share the recipe on Community Table, where I have been contributing since April. The good news is it’s really not to late to make it this year. At least here it’s still in the 90’s today, and you can still get strawberries grown in the states. See, it’s not completely out of season!
This Whipped Nutella Dip with Strawberries is really easy to make, just Nutella, chopped strawberries, and sea salt. The hard part is waiting until it chills to eat it! You’re going to want to chill the prepared dip for at least 4 hours in the fridge (or up to 24 hours), otherwise it will become watery. If you are serving it at an outdoor party when it’s hot out, keep it on ice.
- 26 ounces Nutella 2 13 ounce jars
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries ,cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Pour heavy cream into a mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer until it just begins to thicken.
- Add Nutella and continue whipping until fully incorporated.
- Stir in all but 4 tablespoons of the strawberries and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Pour into a pie plate, smooth the top with a butter knife, then top with remaining strawberries and sprinkle with remaining sea salt.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
Note: Cook time denotes chill time.
If you love Nutella as much as I do, you might want to check out this post, with 7 More Ways to Love Nutella.