With crisp arugula, sweet strawberries, crumbled goat cheese, and a homemade chocolate balsamic vinaigrette, Arugula Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette is perfect for Easter dinner.
Welcome to day 5 of #EasterWeek! I’ve teamed up with some of my great food blogging friends to celebrate Easter and my 5 year blogging anniversary with all kinds of delicious recipes! From appetizers to ham recipes, we have everything you need for a great Easter dinner or brunch,
I’ve never been a fan of balsamic vinegar, therefore I don’t like balsamic vinaigrette on my salads, but it turns out that if you add chocolate to it, balsamic vinegar is amazing. Tangy and sweet at the same time, it pairs awesomely with strawberries, and believe it or not, goat cheese and arugula. If you don’t have goat cheese, blue cheese would work just as well in this salad.
Arugula Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette
I think this salad is the perfect way to satisfy a chocolate craving while still eating healthy. My daughter loved the chocolate vinaigrette, but keep in mind that she likes sour candy. She said “Yummy, yummy!” My husband said “It’s not meat.” I can’t win them all!
You can assemble the arugula and strawberries ahead of time, but wait until right before serving to add the crumbled goat cheese and the vinaigrette, or serve them on the side.
Read on after the recipe to see the other great recipes shared today!
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
- 11 ounces baby arugula, washed and dried
- 12 ounces strawberries
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Steam and core the strawberries, slice each strawberry in half, then in half again.
- Lay the arugula out on a large serving platter, layer with the strawberries and sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Melt the baking chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals or on the stove in a double boiler. Combine the melted chocolate, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt in a blender. Blend for about 20 seconds.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad by carefully pouring it into a squeeze bottle with a fine tip.
Today’s Deliciously Perfect Recipes for Easter:
Dandy Deviled Eggs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole from Making Miracles
Bird Nests from Forking Up